This is just embarrassing for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Never content to be anything other than the country’s 50th best governor, Iowa’s Kim “CovidKim” Reynolds is trying to outdo the likes of DeSantis, CovidKristi, and Abattoir of Texas in her drive to claim that title. Now she introduced an education bill to restrict what students can learn in school.

Among other things, it bans teaching younger students about gender and sex and would prevent Iowa teacher from teaching older students about HIV and AIDS. The bill also doesn’t allow schools to identify students in the manner they want and requires telling parents or the DHS if a student identifies as transgender. And no matter how many warning flags a student puts out the bill would also bar mental health screenings without parental consent. The bill says that students have to pass a civics test in order to graduate but my spidey sense says the test would be over what the GQP considers civics and not actual civics.

Of course, CovidKim wants to require schools to publish education materials and the books they plan on using so she and her GQP buddies can harass schools and educators if they try to teach them things the GQP doesn’t like. I imagine soon restrictions on teaching race and the ugly history of racism in this country will soon follow.

When I was growing up Iowa used to be known for its good educational system. Sadly, CovidKim and her GQP buddies are all flushing that down the crapper because they don’t want an educated populace. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again that I’m glad I got out of Iowa.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here