Somebody get Ted Cruz a lollipop

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Another day; another mass murder in the USA. The NRA has rung in with its typical hand-wringing; ‘Don’t look at us!’ The high-horse has been rolled out and the GQP took turns clambering on top and to spew homily and drivel.

John Kennedy (no, not that one; the hush-my-mouth one from the Bayou State) has taken non-sequitur to a new level of dumb by trying to conflate drunk drivers and mass murders… or something. He then – in a Senate Committee session, no less – claimed, in a round-the-bend, roundabout way that any sort of gun control would be equal to banning all sober drivers. (Please don’t ask me to explain that one. Lewis Carroll never went so far into the Looking Glass.)

Next up was everyone’s favorite aborted holiday-goer and ingratiating father; Rafael ‘Ted Cancun’ Cruz. Senator Cruz accused the Dems of ‘theater’ and then went gone on to blither inanely about ‘thoughts and prayers’. To wit: “I don’t apologize for thoughts or prayers. I will lift up in prayer people who are hurting and I believe in the power of prayer, and the contempt of Democrats for prayers is an odd sociological thing.” 

My! One must certainly admire the courage that the “honorable” senator from the Lone Star State mustered to proclaim such a declaration of faith.
Mustn’t one?

We can only speculate how many thousands would have been murdered if such righteous adherence to ‘thoughts and prayers’ by the “honorable” senator and other prayer-givers had slackened. The spirit trembles at the thought. (snark)

I’m reminded of the old joke about the man who tore up newspaper to ward off tigers in the city. When told that there were no tigers in the city, the newspaper shredder perked up and crowed, ‘See how well it works!?’

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here