It’s over, Lindsey Graham

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Throughout history, battles have been fought, and there are few that did not end in tragedy. War hurts. Always. Undoubtedly, the Afghan army’s inability to fight for itself will be analyzed for decades to come. It is not the first time this has happened.

In the last civil war of the Roman Republic, Roman General Mark Anthony was betrayed by his army, who, rather than fight against future emperor Octavian, instead laid down their arms and aligned themselves with the enemy. War hurts.

But now, the war in Afghanistan is over. And many are using our military to try and score political points. This behavior is also nothing new. Perhaps the loudest voice in recent days is that of Senator Lindsey Graham.

Graham (fake news, insurrection party, South Carolina) has been vocal about calling for Biden’s impeachment. But he did not just call for it once. No, Graham is now seemingly making Biden’s non-impeachment his daily talking point.

Lindsey’s motivation is not difficult to figure out. Fame. Relevance. Approval from the former guy. Like the Afghan soldiers who seemed helpless without us, Graham appears helpless without the former guy.

It is somewhat ironic indeed that Graham, once a seemingly decent man, known for his bipartisanship and ability to work across party lines, is now nothing more than a weapon of MAGA and Fox Non-News, trotted out for the amusement of sane people everywhere.

I am sure that, on some level, Graham knows what an irrelevant joke he has become. But for him, it will not matter. Some people simply do not have the ability to stand on their own two feet and fight — whether those fights be physical in the cases of war — or moral in the cases of individuals like Graham.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now