House Republicans won’t like this Liz Cheney news one bit

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Well, well, well. The January sixth commission has made a move that is GUARANTEED to have GOP members everywhere seething with fury. In a somewhat surprising move, Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney has been tapped to be Vice-Chair of the committee. Rep. Bennie Thompson is the committee chair.

So, now Cheney’s role has been elevated. This will obviously not sit well with Republicans, not that I imagine Cheney cares a hoot what they think. To be clear — I disagree with Cheney’s politics and would never vote for her. However, I do believe this was a good move.

Cheney has shown herself to be serious about the pursuit of the truth regarding the committee’s investigation. She has handled herself with dignity and commanded respect. I am pleased about this move.

Thompson said: “Representative Cheney has demonstrated again and again her commitment to getting answers about January sixth, ensuring accountability, and doing whatever it takes to protect democracy for the American people.”

One thing Cheney has always wanted was accountability. She seems to hate the Republican cult the way it is, so I’ve no doubt she will vigorously pursue the truth and the facts as they relate to January Sixth.

In the meantime, one can expect to hear the anguished shrieks of cultish GOP members across the country. They will appear on Fox Death-News looking stern and trying to appear foreboding, which will not work.

Sly Fox pundits will nod sympathetically while dropping hints that Cheney is not REALLY Republican anymore — because how DARE she not support an insurrection! I don’t really care, do you? Correction — I care in the sense that the GOP panic amuses me. They can run, but they can’t hide, and it appears to me they know it.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here