President-elect Joe Biden held a press conference today, along with Vice President-elect Kamala Harris. It was a refreshing breath of fresh air, demonstrating calm and competent leadership during a crisis. The highlights:
– Biden and Harris met with corporate leaders and labor union leaders today to work on saving the economy during the pandemic. Serious people are moving beyond Trump and are fully on board with President Biden.
– Biden just said that “more people may die” unless Trump starts cooperating with him on the pandemic. Biden is framing Trump’s tantrum as a matter of American life and death. It’s precisely the way to frame it.
– Biden, with a smile on his face, just pointed out that Vice President-elect Kamala Harris is still on the Senate Intelligence Committee and still gets high level classified briefings that Trump can’t block. This is precisely how political leverage works; Biden is making clear to Trump that his threat to keep withholding classified briefings isn’t worth as much as Trump thinks it is.
– Biden on the Trump administration goons who are arguing against wearing masks: “What the hell’s the matter with these guys?”
– Biden just said he won’t hesitate to take the coronavirus vaccine himself, if it’s approved and if Dr. Fauci signs off on it.
Bill Palmer is the publisher of the political news outlet Palmer Report