Where this goes from here

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Allow me to begin by saying how grateful I am for Palmer Report’s steady voice of reason, like a beacon on a turbulent sea. I’m also grateful for my fellow Resisters, who continually share important information from every corner of the planet, like points of light in the darkness, forming a constellation of hope and unity. We are also very effective. Never forget how much worse this could have been if we hadn’t won the 2018 midterms and the 2020 elections.

But we also must venture beyond our sheltered shores to get a glimpse into the heart of darkness, otherwise known as the Republican party. For example, it’s obvious to us that Covid Kim Reynolds is evil and corrupt, most recently proudly signing a hateful Republican bill in Iowa that will hurt transgender children. What is wrong with these people? They seem truly damaged. And yet, Kim Reynolds is one of the most popular governors in the Republican party.

Republicans continue their low-class, inept, self-sabotaging antics. Reynolds was selected to give the follow-up speech to Biden’s State of the Union and ended up gaslighting their base into believing their leaders care about them. During the SOTU, MTG and Boebert put on a shocking display trying to normalize hatred. In an attempt to aggrandize themselves, Senators Rubio and Daines tweeted out Ukraine president Zelensky’s Zoom screen shot potentially revealing his location to assassins. Devin Nunes left Congress to manage Trump’s disastrous social network. Gohmert left his safe seat as Texas Congressman to run for AG and lost.

Putin’s attack on democracy has had the unintended effect of uniting the world and strengthening alliances against autocracy. As we approach the midterms November 8, 2022, Democrats must loudly broadcast Republican foibles, while driving home our message of truth and unity, to the darkest corners of America. In his SOTU, Biden returned to his campaign message of unification and got an eight-point jump in his approval rating. Republicans tried to destroy our faith in democracy. Democrats are working with the world to restore it. We’re winning.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here