Time for a change

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

One of my Palmer Report colleagues has called for the replacement of the current Republican Party, which I have called by its de facto name: “Trumpublican Party.” I agree that this change must happen. However, I suggest that the current festering mess called the Republican Party be left to rot on its own and a new party formed to be a legitimate and functional major political party.

I even have a suggested name for the party: “Independence Party.” This party actually ran a successful candidate for the Governor of Minnesota in 1998, none other than former movie muscleman and pro wrestler Jesse Ventura. He was succeeded in running for Governor by former U.S. Representative Tim Penny, one of the few members of Congress to retire from that post poorer than when he was first elected. Penny did very well in the polls, but was sidetracked from winning by the untimely death of the great late Senator Paul Wellstone in a plane crash just before the election. Independent Party candidate John Anderson also did very well at the presidential election polls in 1980. And who can forget the outspoken businessman Ross Perot, who also ran a strong campaign for President in 1992.

There has been some talk by prominent disaffected prominent Republicans to start a third party if the current Republican Party does not make necessary changes from their extremist agenda. I believe that the sensible Republicans are wasting their valuable time waiting for any reforms from the Trumpublicans, and should start forming the new party as soon as possible. The future viability of our democratic republic depends on it.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here