This testimony is incredibly damaging to Donald Trump

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

You’ve likely already heard this news, but I do not believe it has received the attention it deserves. Trump’s former Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller testified last Wednesday that Trump wanted National Guard troops to protect his supporters responsible for the Jan. 6th insurrection.

Trump met with Miller on Jan. 3rd. He asked Miller if he knew whether DC’s mayor had requested the National Guard troops for Jan. 6th, the day Congress was supposed to ratify President Biden’s election victory. Trump told Miller to “fill” the request, and “do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators who were exercising their constitutionally protected rights” on Jan. 6th.

When House Democrat Carolyn Maloney demanded Miller say why the National Guard did not arrive for hours after the Capitol was seized, Miller testified they were deliberately restrained that day when Trump’s rally turned into an attack on the Capitol. He was concerned during the days leading up to Jan. 6th that sending the National Guard would fan fears of a military coups, or that Trump’s advisors were advocating martial law.

This testimony is incredibly damaging to Trump. I cannot believe his gall — requesting protection for his insurrectionists to storm the Capitol and attack Pence and Pelosi, at a minimum, and prevent the progression of the electoral college and ratification of President Biden’s victory. Trump essentially wanted to have his own government overthrown — or at least its members who refused fealty to him — and rule by martial law if necessary.

Trump is going down for this for sure now, but it will still take a great deal of time. Merrick Garland will not indict until his case is extremely strong and solid, but this testimony makes me want Trump arrested immediately. The fact that the case keeps growing just makes it even worse.

Despite this testimony, Trump continues spreading the Big Lie, recently claiming the stolen election is the crime of the century. Meanwhile there’s a crazy ‘fraudit’ going on in Arizona; US House and Senate Republicans are spreading the Big Lie and rewriting history of Jan 6th; while Jessica Anderson and Hans von Spakovsky (who are connected to Trump), are traveling the Country for Heritage Action, spreading the Big Lie, pushing and helping (hiring lobbyists, raising dark money, writing legislation, etc.) corrupt Republican state legislators pass hundreds of voter suppression bills which include language and transfers of power assuring Republicans can steal elections in the future. Numerous traitors have descended on our country.

When I think of what the heroic police officers went through, suffering heavy combat for hours that day, many of whom are still trying to recover from severe injuries or never will, due to a selfish, sick old man incapable of accepting defeat (who ironically never even did his job as president, especially during his last year), it just makes me angry and sad to the bone.

Many Republicans are so oblivious to how close we came to losing our democracy, they have now been flimflammed into believing Democrats are actually its real threat. At the moment, I just want to shove this article down every Republican’s throat, including those left in my family.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here