The real reason Donald Trump is going to prison

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

The impeachment trial has started and, so far, is going quite well for the Democrats. At this point, we do not know what will happen. Getting 17 Republican Senators to convict is still a long shot, but one never knows. And the American people are awake and listening.

What I have been thinking about lately is whether Trump will be criminally charged. One could argue no. After all, Trump did not storm the Capitol himself. I, however, would disagree with this assessment.

I find a strong correlation between the events leading up to the Capitol’s storming and the events of 1969, perpetuated by one Charles Manson.

In July and August of 1969, there were a string of murders committed by members of what was referred to as “the Manson family.” The murderers were not directly related to Charles Manson. They were under his spell. They had bought into his hate and violence. They were in a cult. Nine people died in that period, including film actress Sharon Tate.

Manson never touched any of the people murdered during that period. Yet, in a court of law, he was still convicted of the first degree murder of seven people as well as being convicted of conspiracy to commit murder. He was found guilty in 1971 and was still in prison until he died in 2017.

Like Trump, Manson was a hateful man, fixated on the idea of White Supremacy. And like Trump, Manson attracted people searching for something. Manson also had the gift of gab. That is how he was able to lure his followers in and get them to kill for him.

On January 6, 2021, a group of violent insurrectionists stormed the United States Capitol to overthrow the Government. At least five people died, including Police Officer Brian Sicknick. Many of the people at the Capitol say they were there on Trump’s orders.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here