New trouble for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

After many years of Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, who is still locked in a contest with DeSantis, Abbott and Noem for the title of 50th best governor in the country, we have a chance to show her the door in 2022 should CovidKim decide to run again. Yesterday State Representative Ras Smith announced his candidacy for Governor.

Smith represents part of Black Hawk County. He was a founding member of the Iowa Legislative Black Caucus. Smith holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Northern Iowa (UNI) in exercise science, and a Master’s from UNI in Youth and Human Development.

During his time in the legislator Smith helped write and get legislation passed to ban most police chokeholds, reduce barriers for people seeking to open small businesses, and help establish alternate means for people to complete high school. Which the Iowa GQP chairman Jeff Kaufman calls a “dismal voting record.” Of course, Kaufmann completely ignores the voting records of the GQP in taking away rights from others who aren’t white, male, and Republican.

If he were to be elected, Smith would be the first African American Governor of Iowa. I think Smith would be a great governor and I would have no issue supporting him in the general election if he is our party’s nominee. Of course, a flaming bag of dog poo would make for a better Governor than CovidKim. I hope that others such as state auditor Rob Sand will consider running for Iowa Governor so that we have the strongest candidate possible to send CovidKim packing next year.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here