Minnesota Governor Tim Walz just nailed it

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

People who have been following me here know after 46 years living in Iowa, I moved to Minneapolis to escape Kim Reynolds and her Branch Trumpvidian legislature. The government is not perfect by any means, but they are trying.

Another case in point – Thursday Governor Tim Walz signed some important legislation. The legislation he signed affirmed that Minnesota is a sanctuary state for both gender-affirming and reproductive health care. That means other states can pass all the fornicating laws they want but they won’t interfere with such care in Minnesota. In addition, he also signed legislation making Minnesota the 21st state to ban conversion therapy – a practice widely condemned by medical professionals for the harm it causes to people who undergo such quackery.

Gov. Walz summed it up by saying, “In Minnesota, we’re protecting rights – not taking them away.” While states under GQP control are falling over each other to see who can take the most rights away from people, in sensible states like Minnesota the government is trying to protect the rights of people.

I miss my family, but overall Minnesota is a much better place to live. It’s not easy to be such a long distance from my family, but at least here in Minnesota we’re not trying to take rights away from other people. Instead our government focuses on protecting the rights of its residents and dealing with issues that we all face in our daily lives.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here