Mike Pompeo just found a whole new way to embarrass himself

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Have you ever known someone whose face was a “tell?” What do I mean by that? Well, it is like gambling. Some people cannot play poker, for example, because they wear their emotions outwardly. Their face clues you in as to what they’re thinking. Their face always tells. I am sure you must have run into at least one person like this–may be more than one.

And some politicians have their tells as well. One of those people is Mike Pompeo. Pompeo (hopelessly annoying, insurrection party, Kansas) is one such person.

Pompeo wears a smirk that is etched so deeply on his face that I am convinced it never goes away, even while he sleeps. The man simply cannot wipe away his “tell.” Many have noticed, and that patronizing smirk has come to be widely associated with the man.

Pompeo also wants to be President one day. Yeah, he’s one of those. I don’t see that working for him, but I digress. Mikey’s being ridiculed right now because of his tweet about Critical Race Theory–yet another new enemy of the GOP.

Here is the part of the tweet in all its glory: “If we teach that the founding of the United States of America was somehow flawed. It was corrupt. It was racist. That’s really dangerous. It strikes at the very foundations of our country.”

I am not sure what this man wants. Perhaps he wants us to invent a new history of America where everyone was equal, there was no slavery, women always had the right to vote, and there were never wars. Perhaps he prefers a fabricated teaching of America.

The bottom line is that this great country did have people who did some not-so-great things once upon a time. We still have some people doing some not-so-great stuff. Maybe if Pompeo would acknowledge our past and try to learn from it, he’d be a better person in general. But learning from mistakes is never something the GOP has done well.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here