Mike Pompeo is toast

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Although 2024 is light years away, some Republicans are already beginning their scheming to be the anointed nominee of the next election’s insurrection party. Take, for example, former Secretary of State and Trump’s lapdog Mike Pompeo.

Pompeo is, at this moment, likely planning to run for President. How do we know this? Because when asked recently by Fox entertainment, he responded, “I’m always up for a good fight.” That, in political language, is as close to a yes as one is going to get.

And now it has come out that Mikey’s planning to visit Iowa this month. He isn’t just going there for the corn. No, Pompeo is getting started! And he has no chance.

I will make a bold prediction. At least half of the potential pool of Trump sycophants we are speaking of now will not run at all when the time comes. I could be wrong. But I don’t think so.

Take Nikki Haley, for example. She changes her mind almost hourly, it seems. She cannot make decisions. She was exiled from CPAC. So I don’t believe she has a chance. By the way, did she ever find her popcorn?

Hawley and his raised fist are already over. Ted Cruz is universally hated. DeSantis is fighting corruption scandals. And Marco Rubio, who undoubtedly dreams of doing the job, will likely have another robotic malfunction on stage if he tries.

The nominee will be someone we have not yet discussed. Who that person will be, I don’t know. But it won’t be Pompeo. He was a terrible Secretary of State and participated in perpetuating the big lie. He would never be able to snag the nomination. I hope he enjoys himself in Iowa and samples their delicious corn, but his Presidential aspirations are already over.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here