MAGA maniacs!

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I want to tell you a story. This story is true and happened to me a few days ago. So I seldom engage with MAGA. The reason I choose not to engage is that most of them are batshit crazy. But alas, I broke my own vow this week. I somehow ended up in a deep and earnest conversation with a MAGA.

This particular MAGA was talking about how evil the Biden administration is. I could not resist and made a comment about the January 6th insurrection. It wasn’t that bad, little MAGA insisted. It was only a “riot.” Right.

Tell that to the police, I replied. Tell that to the families of the officers who died by suicide. Tell that to the officers who were deeply injured, including the ones who lost eyes.

The response just floored me. It was not an angry response. What it was, however, was an answer that is not rooted in reality at all. You don’t believe that? The MAGA asked incredulously. That’s a conspiracy theory. Even most media outlets are not pushing that. I was stunned.

Well yeah, I guess they are NOT pushing that if all one watches is Fox Non-news and OANN. And let us not forget Newsmax. I ended the conversation. I just did not want to hear the cops are crisis actors and working for the “deep state.”

People, these cult followers, need a kind of help that few can give. I have met reformed cult followers, and let me tell you, it is tough to leave once you are in. In fact, it’s almost impossible.

That is why we really need to hear from cult deprogrammers and the small percentage of MAGA who have gotten away. And they’re out there. I’ve seen a few interviewed on Cable news. But it isn’t enough. We need to hear from more. The delusions of MAGA are destroying people. This problem needs to be taken seriously and recognized as a cult which it is.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here