Looks like Joe Biden’s presidency isn’t going to be “boring” after all

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Axios reports that President Biden recently held an undisclosed meeting at the White House with a number of historians who advised him this moment in history is unique, and it is time to go big and fast with his agenda, to jam through once-in-a-lifetime changes in America.

The historians’ views were reportedly very much in sync with Biden’s own views at this time: “It is time to go even bigger and faster than anyone expected. If that means chucking the filibuster and bipartisanship, so be it.” Yes!

I whole-heartedly agree. It just feels right. There is a new kind of patriotic movement in the air that feels electric. I believe our President is on the verge of making historic changes for the greater good.

But it can’t happen as quickly as we all would like. The Senate is scheduled to go on a two-week recess starting Thursday.

Four things are pushing Biden to jam through what could be a $5 trillion overhaul of America, and vast changes to voting, infrastructure, immigration, gun control and inequality: (1) he has full party control of Congress; (2) he has party activists egging him on; (3) he has strong economic winds at his back; and (4) he has rising popularity in the polls.

Axios was told Biden won’t hesitate, but he won’t rub Republicans’ nose in it either. However, other reports say he is likely to start by showcasing the abuse of the filibuster. Democrats plan to use Republican obstruction to their advantage which means they will have to start pushing things to a vote, which will take some time.

I’m very excited about this news. I had a feeling something was up when I saw how energized and fight-ready Chuck Schumer was with CNN’s Don Lemon on Wednesday night, whereas Mitch McConnell appears to be running scared. Biden’s Presidency isn’t going to be so boring after all.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here