Josh Hawley disqualifies himself

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) somehow claims to represent Missouri despite the fact he doesn’t even live there. He likes to playact that he’s working diligently in keeping with his constituents’ concerns, but his only real concern is himself. Accordingly, the state’s leading newspaper, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, is no friend of the wayward senator. The publication rather frequently calls out Hawley for being an embarrassment to the Show Me State with his juvenile behaviors, incitement of white supremacist insurrectionists, and relentless promulgation of the Big Lie. Hawley shows the country how unfit he is when he does immature things like prop his feet up on a chair and ignore serious proceedings at the current impeachment trial.

Many question whether Hawley should even be a juror at the trial of the previous president since he was complicit in inciting the violence at the U.S. Capitol on that now-infamous day last month. Hawley doesn’t just pretend the trial isn’t legitimate because he’s a backwards member of the QAnon party that will never admit their former president isn’t a failed human being and a criminal. A primary reason Hawley doesn’t want the trial or the preceding president’s unlawful behavior to be viewed as serious is that he does not want the spotlight to elucidate his own role in inciting the violence on January 6th.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has some things to say about Hawley’s deplorable conduct: “Hawley also hides from accountability by blaming his constituents. ‘Some wondered why I stuck with my objection following the violence at the Capitol,’ he tweeted on Jan. 13. ‘The reason is simple: I will not bow to a lawless mob, or allow criminals to drown out the legitimate concerns of my constituents.’ Technically, Hawley is correct. He didn’t bow to the lawless mob; he fist-pumped his solidarity with them.”

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here