Greg Abbott’s COVID scandal just hit home for him

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who has gone to war against mask wearing mandates in schools, has tested positive for Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated. I’m sure you are all relieved to hear that Governor Abbott is in good health and not experiencing any symptoms. He is isolated comfortably in the Governor’s Mansion and, interestingly, receiving Regeneron’s intravenous monoclonal antibody treatments.

The Governor is receiving the very best medical care, and we wish him a speedy and symptom-free recovery. We also pray the good Governor learns a new respect for this cunning virus.

Because, let’s face it, you or I would not be tested for Covid-19 on a daily basis when we are symptom free, and we surely wouldn’t have our own personal medical staff set up shop in our taxpayer-funded mansion to perform a cutting-edge medical treatment unless we were coughing up our kidneys for the third day running.

No, Governor Abbott has many advantages when it comes to surviving this pandemic that his constituents do not. He wants to score cheap political points by forcing school children and teachers into “mask optional” close quarters, in defiance of CDC guidelines and common sense. His own breakthrough infection should be an eye-opener for him.

The upside of wearing masks is reduced transmission of a deadly virus, a quicker end to the pandemic, and fewer lives lost. The upside of not requiring masks has something to do with sticking it to the libs, or winning The War On Convenience, or something. (I’m not really sure I follow that part of the argument.) In the balance, wearing a mask seems like the patriotic thing to do.

May Governor Abbott emerge from this health scare with the courage to act upon the wisdom he gains from the experience.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here