Chris Christie is crashing and burning

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Chris Christie wants to save us all! That’s right. Reportedly, the former Governor of New Jersey is a man with a plan. Christie is releasing a new book this Fall. This book is entitled “Republican Rescue: Saving the Party from Truth Deniers, Conspiracy Theorists, and the Dangerous Policies of Joe Biden.”

Christie is mulling another Presidential run. Christie is still a former guy fan, as evidenced by his moronic statement recently grading the presidential performance of the big orange as an “A.”

And there is yet another reason why Christie will never be the GOP nominee of choice. This reason can be summed up quickly: Bridgegate.

There are many scandals in politics. And some politicians can shake off these scandals with a bit of help from their friends in Public Relations.

Bridgegate is not one such scandal. I do not know ONE PERSON who believes Christie was innocent in all that, and these days, his name is linked to the traffic scandal.

Of course, somebody has to be the GOP nominee in 2024. And I realize I have discounted many a Republican. For example, I stand by my opinion that it will never be Hawley. It will never be Cruz, although a run by Cruz would be most amusing.

It will never be Haley because she has no core beliefs, and she’s a woman. It will never be Rubio because he’s too frightened of his own shadow. And I don’t believe it will be DeSantis.

I stand firm that the eventual nominee will be someone we have yet to meet. COULD it be someone we already know? Yes, but I doubt it. At one point, I thought Senator Tim Scott might have had a chance, but that was before his horrible rebuttal to President Biden’s State of the Union.

I also don’t think the GOP would nominate a person of color. So, we will see. But Christie doesn’t have an interest in saving us. Like most of the GOP, the only thing Christie wants to save is his career.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here