Change the channel!

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

It’s sometimes difficult being a political junkie. Being an avid news consumer can come with negatives as well as positives. And that leads me to the media. I am disturbed by the content of what many in the Media choose to concentrate on lately.

This past weekend I watched some news shows. Nearly all of them chose to devote their time to the “crisis” at the border. And many of these reporters devoted long and tiring segments to it. Alejandro Mayorkas, Biden’s Secretary of Homeland Security, made the television rounds. I felt for him. I think this is a media created a crisis to gin up ratings. It is like all these media honchos have forgotten that it was insurrectionist and chief Trump who created the Border problems.

Children were ripped from their parent’s arms, and there are still children who have not been reunited with their families. Has the media forgotten that Mayorkas was only just confirmed at the beginning of February? That means he has been in his job for a little over a month.

Watching the media’s spin on this isn’t very comforting. I do believe turning them off when they start with this garbage works. It has been said that Fox stopped carrying Trump’s rallies because ratings showed the audience would change the station during those segments. I submit we should do the same.

Being a critic of any Presidency is one thing. But drumming up imaginary problems is way off base. The other narrative the media has latched onto is why Biden has not given a Press conference? Seriously?

Sadly, the passing of the COVID bill has received less coverage than either of the two articles mentioned above. The Media needs to stop this and concentrate on what is happening versus what they think will gin up ratings.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now