Bill Barr’s big lies are on the record

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

After the shocking news that former Trump attorneys general Bill Barr and Jeff Sessions were investigating House Intelligence Committee Democrats Adam Schiff and Eric Swalwell, as well as their families, through secret Apple subpoenas of obviously broad scope (even including a minor), Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and Judiciary Committee Chairman Richard Durbin are threatening to have Barr and Sessions subpoenaed if they refuse to appear before the Committee voluntarily. Schumer and Durbin described the secret Apple subpoenas as “a gross abuse of power and an assault on the separation of powers” — a rather polite way of describing them.

Of course, whether they could be forced to tell the truth is a different story altogether. Thanks to VP Kamala Harris, some of Bill Barr’s biggest lies regarding his secret investigations of Democrats and news reporters are already on record.

On May 1, 2019, then Senator Kamala Harris questioned Bill Barr at a Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing, beginning as follows:

HARRIS: Has the President or anyone at the White House ever asked or suggested that you open an investigation of anyone?

BARR: I wouldn’t — I wouldn’t —

HARRIS: Yes or no?

BARR: Could you repeat the question?

HARRIS: I will repeat it. Has the President or anyone at the White House ever asked or suggested that you open an investigation of anyone? Yes or no, please, sir.

BARR: The President or anybody else?

HARRIS: Seems you’d remember something like that and be able to tell us.

BARR: Yes, but I’m trying to grapple with the word, “suggest.” I mean, there have been discussions of matters out there that they’ve not asked me to open an investigation, but —

HARRIS: Perhaps they’ve suggested?

BARR: I don’t know. I wouldn’t say suggest.

HARRIS: Hinted?

BARR: I don’t know.

HARRIS: Inferred? You don’t know? Ok….

The video continues with more lies, which he did a lot of that day. Later that night, Barr turned down an appearance at the House Judiciary the next day. He didn’t like the idea of being questioned by the Committee’s lawyers and members of Congress, which the committee chairman said shouldn’t be up to him, reported MSNBC.

We may never know exactly how far and wide Trump’s abuse of power went, but since it was international, it was obviously larger than the swamp he promised to drain, yet instead bathed in every day.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now