Donald Trump’s candidate just lost

Palmer Report articles are all 100% free to read, with no forced subscriptions and nothing hidden behind paywalls. If you value our content, you're welcome to pay for it:
Pay $5 to Palmer Report:
Pay $25 to Palmer Report:
Pay $75 to Palmer Report:

Sign up for the Palmer Report Mailing List.

Donald Trump’s candidate for Governor of Nebraska, Charles Herbster, just lost the Republican primary. But the media won’t run a single headline acknowledging that Trump’s influence over Republican voters has faded, because it goes against the ratings friendly narrative that Trump is still in charge.

Trump’s candidate for Governor of Georgia, David Perdue, is a whopping 27 points behind another Republican candidate. Yet this example of Trump’s faded influence over Republican voters is also being ignored by the media.

Remarkably, the media’s narrative about Trump still calling the shots is based entirely on JD Vance’s narrow Republican primary victory, in which he only got 30% of the Republican vote. The other 70% of Republicans voted against Trump’s candidate, but that fact gets conveniently ignored because it doesn’t fit with the ratings-friendly narrative.

   

To be clear, this (demonstrably false) narrative about Trump controlling Republican voters is being pushed just as heavily by left leaning outlets like MSNBC as it is by right leaning outlets. In the end, the mainstream media is biased more toward ratings than toward political ideology.

Palmer Report articles are all 100% free to read, with no forced subscriptions and nothing hidden behind paywalls. If you value our content, you're welcome to pay for it:
Pay $5 to Palmer Report:
Pay $25 to Palmer Report:
Pay $75 to Palmer Report:

Sign up for the Palmer Report Mailing List.
Write for the Palmer Report Community Section.