Two months

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

During my 1990s Silicon Valley Dot-Com Era accounting days, a fellow accountant once blurted out, “Math is tough!” At first, I thought he was insulting me, a blond woman, because I was asking about a particular accounting issue. But he quickly explained, he was jokingly quoting the 1980s Barbie Doll that created such a scandal it was immediately removed from the shelves. Now, whenever an accounting or math issue comes up, I blurt out, “Math is tough!” It is so fitting now, as many on the Left rant and rave about how it only took Merrick Garland TWO months to appoint a Special Counsel to President Biden’s classified documents case. So, let us do some math, shall we?

Donald Trump officially left office almost two years ago. While doing so, he stole thousands of documents. By definition “stealing” means he didn’t tell anyone. It was only after the DOJ had to execute a search warrant in August 2022, after 19 months of obstruction, that another 11,000 documents were recovered from his Mar-a-Lago residence, of which 300 were highly classified. Trump continued to do the ONE thing he’s good at. DELAY. So, from the time Trump left office until Garland appointed Special Counsel Jack Smith on November 18, 2022, because of Trump’s delaying tactics, was 22 months.

Now, let’s look at President Biden’s situation. His own attorneys found 10 documents around November 2, 2022, that they immediately reported to NARA to be properly returned. Furthermore, this was a legal issue, and therefore would NEVER be made public, whether it happened before the 2022 Midterm elections or not. It was only made public now because it was leaked, by whom we don’t know. So, from November 2, 2022, when Biden’s attorneys first reported the documents, until Garland officially appointed a Special Counsel to appease the crazy Right Wingnuts, took just over two months. Math is tough. But in this case, the math is very easy.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here