This is just embarrassing for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

People who have been reading my articles know what little regard I have for Iowa Governor Kim “CovidKim” Reynolds. But she’s not the only member of the Iowa GQP who has gone off the deep end. She’s had a lot of help from the Branch Trumpvidian Iowa Legislature, who are as reich wing as she is, if not more so.

For example, Iowa State Senators Brad Zaun and Jake Chapman (both R-Gestapo) want to be able to charge teachers who make books that will be on the Iowa GQP’s Index Librorum Prohibitorum with felonies and have signaled their desire to work on legislation that will allow authorities to do so.

To the likes of Zaun, Chapman, CovidKim and other reich wingers in Iowa knowledge that introduces children to different ideas and perspectives is especially bad, even more so when it involves issues of race or sexuality so they are doing everything they can to suppress such knowledge. That is why they’ve been targeting books that explore sexual and/or racial identity, among other such controversial topics. That is why the Iowa GQP has been going on and on about CRT, even though it’s not even taught to people until college.

In addition to working hard to get useless GQP governors like DeSantis, Abbott, and CovidKim out of office, we must work hard to get GQP office holders voted out next year at all levels of government. Especially in state legislatures. GQP office holders have no interest in serving the people, and in only imposing their views on others. I don’t know about anyone else, but whether I live in Iowa or somewhere else, I’m voting straight goddamn D next year and I encourage everyone else to do so as well.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here