This is just embarrassing for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Just recently the CDC has reversed course on mask guidance, recommending that even fully vaccinated people wear masks in some parts of the United States. This, of course, is due to people not getting the vaccine earlier before the Delta version of COVID-19 took hold in our country and is now causing surges among the unvaccinated.

So, how, of course does Iowa Governor Kim “CovidKim” Reynolds respond to the latest guidance from the CDC? Of course, by attacking it as “Biden Administration” guidance. Next, by being “concerned” over the latest guidance. And last by gloating about how she and her GQP allies took away the ability of local municipalities to institute their own mandates in response to local conditions.

I said a few four-letter words upon seeing CovidKim’s reaction. Which was in a public place. Complete with people asking what the fornicate my problem was. CovidKim has no idea how to deal with the pandemic and looks at all mitigation efforts through the lens of how it makes the Orange Frigging Menace (OFM) look. If she had any concern about doing right by the people of Iowa instead of worshipping at the OFM altar, she’d be coming out in support of President Biden’s administration and saying that we’re not quite there yet and we need to take a step back. But she’d rather worship at the OFM’s altar and kiss up to that mound of feces than actually do what’s right for the people of Iowa, no matter what damage her stance does.

I hope things are turning around in Iowa and that CovidKim is invited to find a new job next year. I hope that Iowa will replace her with someone who puts Iowa first and OFM desires well below dead last.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now