This is just embarrassing for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

There’s a Tale of Two States playing out right now here in the upper Midwest. On the one hand you have my birth state of Iowa, and on the other hand you have my current state of Minnesota.

In Iowa, the legislature voted along party lines to ban gender affirming care for trans children, sending it off to Kim “#CovidKim” Reynolds for her signature. Which I’m expecting she will sign given how much she wants to take Iowa back to the 50s. The 1850s, that is. This bill would prohibit doctors from prescribing medication to delay puberty or cross-sex hormones, as well as ban surgeries to help children transition. The bill was opposed by health care professionals who stated kids should receive gender affirming care. GQP Rep Steve Holt responded that medical groups didn’t always get it right, pointing out they at one time recommended lobotomies. (Which in his case might be an improvement).

Meanwhile, here in Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz signed an executive order protecting gender affirming health care for children. His order instructs state agencies to protect access to such care and blocks them from cooperating with investigators from other states where gender affirming care is banned or limited who are investigating trans individuals or their families. The DFL led legislature is also looking to pass legislation protecting access to such affirming care, which I’m sure Walz would sign into law.

This clearly shows the contrast between Minnesota and Iowa and how one state run by sane individuals is moving forward to protect the rights of all Minnesotans when it comes to health care access, and the other state run by Branch Trumpvidian cultists move to take rights away from people.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here