The Russians are coming!

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Recently Vlad the Invader announced plans to conscript Russian men into his armed forces. Many Russians are now fleeing to other countries so to escape conscription. Some countries sharing borders with Russia such as Finland shut their borders to Russians entering on tourist visas due to the number of men trying to cross over with these visas. Other countries have seen more Russians fleeing across their borders to get away from Vlad’s “recruiters.”

And you can now count the United States as one of those countries. Last Tuesday two Russian men in a small boat arrived at the town of Gambell, Alaska. Gambell is located on the remote St. Lawrence Island in the Bering Sea, and is only about 36 miles away from Russia. The two men requested asylum and were sent on to Anchorage for screening and processing. U.S. Senator Dan Sullivan believes these men are the first of many who will flee to remote Alaska communities to escape conscription into Vlad’s forces. He has urged the Federal government to have plans in place to deal with such Russians.

Alaska may see an influx of Russian refugees, and we need plans to deal humanely with such people who arrive in our remote Alaskan communities. Such people deserve all the help and assistance possible, just like those from Latin America seeking a better life in the U.S. do.

I somehow doubt that the GQP will use the same racist language to describe such Russians as they do people coming into our country from Latin America. We probably won’t see calls to secure our northwestern borders or build a wall. Or human trafficking stunts like what DeSantis and Abbott pulled off. If anything, this turn of events shows how hypocritical and inhumane the GQP can be to people they don’t like.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now