Ted Cruz goes completely off the deep end

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Tucker Carlson went on Fox News this week and denigrated women’s service in the armed forces, and seemed particularly against pregnant women serving their country. I wasn’t sure if he didn’t like their shape or their appearance in uniform while pregnant, or the fact that women of childbearing age were offensive because they served in the military.

U.S. Master Gunnery Sgt. Scott Stalker defended female service members, which were sent out in response to Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s criticism of Pentagon policy changes announced last week that are intended to attract more women to the military.

As social media users discussed the controversy involving Carlson’s comments, the II Marine Expeditionary Force’s official account tweeted in response to one commenter, “Come back when you’ve served and been pregnant,” according to USA Today. Both tweets have since been deleted.

“We are human and we messed up,” the USMC unit posted. “We intended to speak up for female Marines and it was an effort to support them. They are a crucial part to our corps and we need them to know that. We will adjust fire and ensure the utmost professionalism in our tweets. We’ve strayed away from our brand and realize that,” the USMC unit tweeted. “Our standard practices will be in effect and you can count on us to correct our mistake going forward.”

Ted Cruz posted on twitter 3/14/2021:”Under Biden, the military is launching political attacks to intimidate Tucker Carlson & other civilians who criticize their policy decisions. Officials in uniform are being used for the campaign. I’ve demanded a meeting with the Commandant of the USMC to put a stop to it.”

Amanda Carpenter, Ted Cruz’s former Communications Director, says that she thinks that Ted Cruz is trying to drag Joe Biden into a Tucker Carlson-created culture war. So now Ted Cruz is trying to confront this new Deep State conspiracy in the military that protects women from the likes of Tucker Carlson.

I think that Tucker Carlson was attacking women in uniform. That is not a “policy decision”. While I agree that the USMC should not be making supportive or be drawn into controversy with media personalities, I also think that supporting women is not a “policy decision”. I believe that Tucker Carlson was only trying to boost his ratings by attacking women in the military and that Tucker Carlson is very pleased with Ted Cruz demanding a meeting with the USMC Commandant. Ted Cruz was only too pleased to oblige to be Tucker Carlson’s wing man because Ted Cruz probably hopes to run for President in 2024, while Tucker Carlson will probably still be collecting his salary at Fox.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now