Supreme Court deals blow to MAGA world

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

It has not been a good week for MAGA at all. First off, Friday morning has come and gone, and their precious insurrectionist has not been reinstated.

But there is another story that has not been receiving a lot of attention. It has to do with of all things the Supreme Court. This story starts with a small group of students at Indiana University. They were quite upset by the school’s vaccine mandate. So they challenged it.

The students intended to have their case heard by the Supreme Court of the United States.
However, their plan failed miserably. All Justices are assigned certain states to supervise. As it so happens, the Justice who oversees Indiana’s Circuit Court of Appeals is none other than Amy Coney Barrett.

Many conservatives were in heaven. They thought that certainly Barrett, known to be a staunch conservative, would surely right this terrible wrong of a university wanting its students to be healthy and survive a pandemic.

Alas, it was not to be. In a somewhat surprising move, Barrett denied the motion. And she denied it without even bringing it to the other Justices.

This caused reactions that were so hilarious I feel I must share them with you. All over Twitter, the howls of MAGA could be heard and seen:

“Traitor.”
“I am horrified.”
“WTF?”
“Bad move, Heritage foundation.”
“WTF” (This response showed up by the dozen.)

But the absolute best was this little morsel of genius:

“This decision needs to be appealed to a higher court.”

Right. Is there a higher court than the United States Supreme court? Have I missed something here?

Anyway, Universities have long had a vaccine mandate which many former guy supporters likely do not know.

And this does not lessen the concerns of having Barrett on the court. But it does set a sort of precedent as there will likely be more of these ridiculous lawsuits.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now