Republicans, do your job or go home

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

It is easy to sit in a Red State and armchair quarterback everything, but here I go: According to Democratic Congressman Jason Crow and several major news outlets, many Republican Senators and Representatives are afraid to vote for Impeachment or removal or in any other way contradict the Trump Regime by actually performing their solemn duty as an elected representative for fear of their lives or the lives of their families. So, I have an open letter to the Senators & Representatives:

Dear Senators and Representatives Afraid to do Your Duty: You asked for this job. You swore an oath, perhaps even on the book of your choice, I imagine most of you would choose a Christian Bible, and that oath goes like this:

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

That oath says nothing about “except in cases where people are threatening me or my family”. There is no “except” here. And if the obligation is not taken freely and without mental reservation, well then you are under some kind of duress and you should a) call the FBI and then b) resign because you are unable to well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which you have entered, so help you God.

Sincerely, The People of the United States of America who elected you and expect you to live up to your duty.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here