New twist in California Governor recall election

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

California is such a great state. Throughout time, movies have been made about the beautiful state, songs have been written about it (My favorite — Led Zeppelin’s “Going to California.”)

But California is in danger now of having its Governorship fall into Republican hands where the GOP will no doubt gleefully put mask mandates in place, try to ban abortion, and do too many other nefarious things to count.

So it is imperative to vote in the recall election. But I do have some other interesting news from the state. There has been a lawsuit filed. Several voters have filed this lawsuit alleging the recall election is not constitutional.

The reason given in the complaint is that the Constitution’s equal protection clause is violated. The complaint seeks to stop the recall or, barring that, have Governor Newsom’s name added to the “choice” question, which is the second question on the ballot.

In other words, were the lawsuit to be successful, either the recall would be thrown out, or Newsom’s name would appear in question two, next to all the other choices for a replacement candidate.

Many Constitutional scholars have made the same argument. The Secretary of Shirley Webber has not commented yet at the time of this writing.

It is essential to mention ballots have already started to go out. I have no idea what the results of this lawsuit will be and will keep on top of it, but I cannot say it enough — California’s future hangs in the balance — so please make sure you and anyone you know to vote!

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here