Nancy Pelosi’s got this

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Nancy Pelosi has got this. But try telling certain members of the media that. There are many excellent media pundits around. But some enjoy casting Democrats in a bad light–or to put it more bluntly–as losers.

“Democrats better attack more, or they won’t win in 2020.”

“It’s a given that Mitch will have control of the Senate.”

“Democrats lack a spine.”

Over and over, around and around like a merry-go-round, it goes. I speak of the message. And the message is that we, Democrats, aren’t fighters. I’d hoped after winning the Presidency, the House, and the Senate, it might get better. But it hasn’t.

When insurrection supporter Kevin McCarthy released the names of his picks for the January 6th commission, many faithful pundits were waiting to dip into their bag of tricks for yet another despondent attack on us: “Kevin McCarthy has outplayed Pelosi by releasing the names to the media first.”

The correct message would have been: “Kevin McCarthy released the names to the media first as he was always most likely to do. Nancy has the right of veto.”

I don’t know when or how this “Democrats are not fighters” message started, but it doesn’t matter. It needs to stop.

I do not pretend to know more than these people, but I know this messaging is demoralizing and false. As for picks of McCarthy–Nancy knows what he’s doing. I admit I will be disappointed if she keeps Jordan, but there isn’t anything I can do about it, and I trust she knows what she’s doing.

If you would like to see him vetoed, please tweet at Madam Speaker, call her office, or email her. We should know the answer pretty soon anyway.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here