Marjorie Taylor Greene goes to hell

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

It hasn’t been the best past few weeks for GQP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. She’s been facing a challenge that might keep her off the ballot in November on the grounds that she’s an insurrectionist. Along with the cluster that was her testimony, texts have surfaced that show she played a larger role in the terrorist attack on Washington that previously believed. Then came the news that she and her fellow Congressional Whackjob Lauren Boebert (Q-Colorado) almost came to blows during a House Freedumb Caucus meeting and someone had to step in between them.

Now, Greene has decided to pick a fight with the Catholic Church by claiming that due to their efforts to help immigrants and refugees the church is controlled by Satan. She singled out Catholic League loudmouth Bill Donohue for criticism, who in turn called her a disgrace and said she should apologize. Greene later tried to walk back her remarks by saying that she was only talking about the leadership of the church. Meanwhile the Catholic league has called for GQP leadership in Congress to sanction her. Get out the popcorn folks.

God knows the Catholic church is far from perfect and I know any discussion of religion tends to turn into a full-on know-nothing fest on left leaning forums. And I speak as a former Catholic myself. But it doesn’t paint a very nice picture of Greene that she is criticizing a church that is doing at least some of the things the actual Jesus Christ would have done instead of the MAGA-fied Jeeezus that she worships after the former guy. I’d tell Greene to quit while she’s behind, but words of wisdom tend to go in one ear and out the other with her without hitting anything in between.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here