Kyrsten Sinema gets ripped to pieces

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Lawrence O’Donnell is my favorite television news pundit out there, and I rarely miss any of his shows. One thing I enjoy about him is his calm. He comes at the news in a very similar way that Palmer Report does. He is always calm, confident, and a bit humorous. There is little negativity, yet he tells it exactly how it is.

The other day, however, O’Donnell was not calm. The source of his frustration — indeed, the source of just about everybody’s frustration is the Arizona Senator, Kyrsten Sinema. There is a flippant and condescending way about her that is deeply bothering folks, including myself. And the other day, she may have gone too far.

As you know, Sinema is holding up Biden’s whole agenda. She has seemingly befuddled everyone because she will not say what she wants. When an NBC News reporter by the name of Frank Thorp caught up with her, he asked her what she’d say to some Democrats who “don’t know where you are.”

“I’m in the Senate,” was Sinema’s reply. Besides being a stupid thing to say, it was patronizing as hell and clearly shows Sinema lacks maturity, grace, and empathy. She also does not appear to care about — well — much of anything except attending big expensive parties put together by executives vehemently against the Biden agenda.

Thorp did repeat his question. He seemed to want to give Sinema another chance. From Frank: “There are progressives in the Senate that are also frustrated they don’t know where you are either.”

Sinema: “I’m clearly right in front of the elevator.”

Sigh. Look, I still believe we need to flood her office with calls. I plan to call her today. Anyone of an activist heart should call. (Be respectful, please.) You can reach her office at (602) 598-7327.

That being said, there is now serious talk of finding a primary challenger in 2024 when she’s up again. I hope it doesn’t come to that. But what Sinema doesn’t seem to get is she is making a fool of herself. There is a time and a place for “cute” answers. The Senate is not that place. People elected her to do her job and fight for her constituents. Right now, she appears to be doing neither.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here