Kevin McCarthy has another hot mess on his hands

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Minority leader Kevin McCarthy has made another hot mess. It was McCarthy’s bright idea to hold a press conference. This conference was supposed to be about Cuba. But as we all know, things do not always work out as planned.

The press was there, and one press member was Grant Stern. He is the executive director of Occupy Democrats. And he asked McCarthy about the January sixth commission: “Minority leader, you said that the…revolution created tyranny on the island of Cuba, and I am asking you a question. It’s not a Democratic or Republican issue, so why do you oppose the January sixth commission, sir?”

All hell broke loose. You’d think the reporter had asked Kevin if the world was ending. The minority leader or his staffers (or both) went nuts and had the reporter forcibly removed from the press conference.

That’ll show him, Kev. The four people removing said reporter appeared to be four Police Officers who lifted him up and removed him. Freedom! (Sarcasm.)

It must be duly noted that the Californian seems to be involved in some scandal or drama virtually every week now. One wonders what he will do next. In any event, for a party that waxes poetic about “freedom,” kicking a reporter out of one’s press conference does not set a very good example—cheers to McCarthy for screwing up yet again.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here