Judge Chutkan isn’t messing around when it comes to Donald Trump

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

After posting an all-caps threat on Friday afternoon to (un)Truth Social, Jack Smith’s office responded by filing a request for a protective order to make Orange Former Guy (OFG) to keep his big mouth shut. Judge Tanya Chutkan gave OFG’s legal team until 5pm Eastern on Monday to respond to the special council’s protective order with their own proposal, not even bothering to wait until Monday to issue her order.

Predictably, instead of working on a response to the special counsel’s request for a protective order OFM’s legal team went to their old standby of trying to delay the proceedings further. In their response to the delay request Smith’s team made sure to highlight that fact. And as it turns out, Judge Chutkan was having none of it and denied OFM’s request for a delay. She insisted OFM’s “lawyers” still have their response ready by 5pm Eastern on Monday.

I’m glad to see that judges are taking the threat of OFM seriously and aren’t putting up with either his bullshit or that of his legal team. Maybe if the justice system had done this with him a lot sooner we wouldn’t be in this situation now.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now