Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds flames out

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

President Biden’s administration has worked combating the surge in COVID-19 cases caused by the delta variant. As part of this he and his people have begun confronting GQP governors and politicians who have thrown up all manner of roadblocks to keep him from doing his job to protect American lives. One of those governors is Iowa’s Kim CovidKim Reynolds, who is still trying to be the 50th best governor in the country.

Education secretary Dr. Miguel Cardona recently sent a letter to CovidKim urging her to allow schools to implement mask mandates, stating that masks were necessary to help mitigate the effects of COVID-19 in schools.

What would have shocked me is if CovidKim had responded by saying that the administration was right, it’s time to take measures to stop the spread of COVID-19, including allowing schools to require masks if needed. That’s not how she responded. She complained that because of what’s happening in Afghanistan and at the border the President should focus on that instead and he’s misplacing priorities going after her for her antics. Keeping in mind of course that if he had focused on Afghanistan and the border, CovidKim would be complaining that he’s not doing enough to fight COVID.

Meanwhile, local health officials in eastern Iowa feel we are going in the wrong direction and pointing to new figures that are taking an alarming turn. Where I live in Iowa has went from low to high community spread of COVID. And I’m disgusted that we have a Branch Trumpvidian governor who would rather take political pot shots and pander to the anti-mask/vaccine crowd than do her fornicating job. Maybe CovidKim should re-evaluate her priorities.

I need your help: If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now