FIGHT BACK!

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

After over four years of living hell under TFG, managing what technically qualifies as my own PTSD, we are still dealing with the aftermath of that criminal administration and the criminal enabler Mitch McConnell.

Believe it or not, when things like the SCOTUS decision yesterday and other such horrors happen, I turn to Twitter for therapy. It is the Resistance that has helped me in my worst times of despair. After stepping away from social media yesterday, for a short mental health break of reading and writing, this morning I checked in and scanned the trending tweets to gain some perspective. Here are the some of the tweets that helped me the most.

From Texan patriot Matthew Dowd, who since leaving his job as ABC political analyst “to serve truth, justice, and democracy” has used his impressive diverse following to send powerful and inspiring messages:

Like after the GOP appallingly installed corrupt Amy Coney Barrett just five weeks after we lost the legendary Ruth Bader Ginsburg provoking a huge blue wave November 3, 2020, these tweets remind us that the midterms are approaching and the GOP just f*cked themselves. This compelling thread from RonFilipkowski:

And from ChristopherHahn:

Then there were some clever snarks that provided some dark levity from SethN12:

And from Andie00471:

But my favorite is from our amazing President Joe Biden, “It’s a blatant violation of the right established under Roe V. Wade. We will protect and defend that right.”

By the way, a total of 469 seats in the U.S. Congress (34 Senate seats and all 435 House seats) are up for election on Tuesday, November 8, 2022.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now