Even for Greg Abbott, this is a whole new low

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I’ve always been a geography nerd. I love seeing our wonderful states, each of which has its own culture. I have yet to see them all, but I’ve seen many. One of them is Texas, where I briefly lived. One thing I discovered about the people of the Lone Star state. They are tough and independent, with strong pride in their state and their country.

But you see, Texas has a bit of a problem right now. And that problem is that their leadership sucks. Over and over, we have seen the incompetence of their leadership. But this particular story got to me – and what I mean by that is it made me furious.

The Bullock Texas State History Museum was supposed to host an event. This event would feature the authors of the book: “Forget the Alamo: The Rise and Fall of an American Myth.”

It sounds like a great book! I know I would like to read it. Only this event never happened. And the reason it never happened is because racist GOP members had it canceled. They did this because the book takes a hard look at–gasp–slavery!

The dastardly Texans who are responsible for this include (of course) Governor Greg Abbott and LT. Governor Dan Patrick. Patrick especially seemed incensed, tweeting that this was “rewriting of TX history.” Look, folks, I’ve always despised the idea of burning books. And this isn’t that different. The party that derides the Democrats for being for “cancel culture” is in itself that very thing.

I would urge any Texans reading this to spread the word about what happened. Actually, everyone should spread the word, especially to moderate swing voters who enjoy their freedoms and loathe censorship in any form.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here