Escape from the Branch Trumpvidians

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

As many of you are no doubt aware, I moved to Minnesota at the beginning of January. I checked who my various representatives and senators are at the state and Federal level and was delighted to learn that I will now be represented by Democrats such as Ilhan Omar, Amy Klobuchar, and Patricia Torres Ray. And instead of corrupt Branch Trumpvidian CovidKim Reynolds I now have Tim Walz for a governor. In other words, honorable and sensible people who want to do right by the people of not only Minnesota, but the larger world as well.

Meanwhile, back in Iowa we have guys like Rep. Bobby Kaufmann, who somehow thought it was appropriate to use obscene gestures in the rotunda of the Iowa Capitol Building during the middle of a rally with former Senator Rick Santorum centered around taking away rights from people. During the rally Kaufmann and the others hit on all the extremist GQP notes, such as crime exploding, the border being open to non-whites, and the government spending on things other than the military on enriching Republicans. All while Kaufmann and his GQP buddies do nothing to help Iowans but instead cross off items on their culture war wish list and sabotaging the pandemic response.

I must say, government wise Minnesota is thankfully a bit more boring so far. Maybe I’m still more attuned to Iowa than Minnesota, but we don’t hear too much of our various state and Federal elected officials running amok. I feel happier knowing that I’m now represented by people who want to do right by me, and not by a bunch of Branch Trumpvidians like back in Iowa.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here