Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago shutdown is even uglier than we thought

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

I recently wrote about portions of Mar-a-Lago having to close and some staff quarantined, but now there is more information. An email was sent to Mar-a-Lago club members that “some” staff had tested positive for Covid-19 and the Dining Room and Beach Club were closed “out of an abundance of caution” due to the outbreak. If I were a club member I would probably like to know how many “some” is.

Former White House Secretary Sara Huckabee Sanders held a fundraiser at the resort just last weekend, where Trump paid a “surprise visit. If this turns out to be yet another Trump super spreader event, it will likely be a surprise to some, but not me. Photos from the event do not show anyone wearing a mask. I wonder what it costs to get Covid at one of Trump’s super spreader events?

The Associated Press reports the club has been a flurry of activity in recent weeks, hosting events and fundraisers. Trump posed with maskless supporters there, standing arm-to-arm, on March 17th.

Last January, Palm Beach County issued a warning to management for violating an ordinance to wear masks at a New Year’s Eve party of 500. The club was told future violations would result in fines of $15,000. The AP attempted to contact the Florida Department of Health, but did not receive an immediate response.

A senior Brazilian official tested positive last year after spending time at Mar-a-Lago, where he posed for a photo with Trump and attended a party. Could it actually be possible that Trump caused the Covid crisis in Brazil? Again, wouldn’t surprise me at all. Trump always wreaks havoc in his path.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here