Chris Wallace should know better

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Sunday, March 14th, I saw something that disturbed me. I want to talk about something: subconscious or “subliminal” messaging. We see it all the time in commercials, in internet messages. These ads can be used to send messages to consumers. “Buy me,” “You need this,” the list goes on. But this messaging can also be used in politics. And it is used with frequency. I saw it on Sunday.

This past Sunday, Karl Rove was a guest on the show of one Chris Wallace. Wallace is better than most at Fox News, although lately, he has been slipping. I never blamed him for the fiasco of a debate when the raging insurrectionist went ballistic and took over the stage. Wallace received much flack, but I do not think anybody could have reined in the abhorrent basket case highjacking the stage.

But Sunday was something else again. Wallace and Rove were discussing Biden. Wallace was concerned about why he has not had a press conference. Nothing awful was said. But there was an implication that Biden wasn’t up for it. Meaning he wasn’t up for it mentally. Now, Wallace was quick to say that wasn’t what he was saying. Of course, it was. Rove talked about how Biden is aging, and maybe they needed to put him before the press early in his day. I found it despicable.

The “subliminal” message was that Biden was senile. Nothing about the fact that maybe he was busy getting COVID passed to help the American People. Wallace also made it clear that he wants to snag the first sit-down interview with Biden. He will not if he continues along these lines. Rove is a Republican hack, but Wallace should have and does know better. This was beneath him, and it should never have happened.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here