Bad news for Putin

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

As we all know, after Vlad the Invader had Russia attack Ukraine various sanctions were put in place against the Russian government, certain individuals, and businesses. Many western businesses decided to close their Russian operations either on a temporary or permanent basis. Both McDonald’s and Starbucks decided to close their Russian operations on a temporary basis, but now both companies decided they’re going to pull out of the Russian market altogether.

McDonalds sold its interest in the Russian stores to a Russian franchisee but won’t allow for continued use of their name or menu in Russia. It was the first time McDonalds “de-arched,” or exited a market entirely. Starbucks said they would continue to pay their employees for six months and help them find new work. Since Starbucks stores in Russia are owned and operated by the Kuwait based Alshaya Group I could see something similar happening here where the stores continue under a new name with a new menu.

Vlad has not only waged pre-emptive war against another country, but he also brought about a humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. And he turned Russia into a pariah state, with few wanting to do business with or inside Russia. I don’t know that any of the businesses that have left Russia will be all that anxious to return once Russia is out of Ukraine and Vlad the Invader is an unpleasant memory. McDoanld’s has hinted at the possibility of returning but I think that would depend what direction Russia takes in the years to come. These exits are just the latest example of how badly Vlad the Invader screwed his own people.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here