Donald Trump is so desperate, he can relate to Lindsey Graham’s begging on TV. Maybe Trump thought his pal’s plea for funds would be the right approach as his campaign sinks daily. Trump’s appeal was a bit different. Although the Trump campaign could use some funds, Donald Trump pleaded with “suburban women” to “please like him.” Mr. Trump could use a refresher course named Why Suburban Women Hate You:
– A large percentage of this sought after demographic are mothers. Mothers do not like to see children locked in cages or torn out of the arms of their parents.
– Suburban women are bearing the weight of the Covid-19 restrictions. Women who can work from home need to juggle homeschooling while attending Zoom conferences.
– Suburban women are angry at Trump’s push to get children back to school without any evidence of safety, or funds to make schools safe. Recent revelations from the Bob Woodward book, Rage, revealed that Trump is aware of children’s dangers, despite publicly claiming otherwise.
– Trump’s desperate and irrational plans to dismantle Obamacare would leave millions without health insurance.
Donald Trump is on the wrong side of social issues that truly hit home for families. Gay marriage, the rights of a woman to control her health decisions, equal rights in the workplace, the rights of the differently-abled, and immigration issues target nearly every person in this nation.
– Donald Trump’s failure to deal with gun violence while taking money from the NRA eliminates him from consideration for many.
– Donald Trump is vulgar. Trump is the serial abuser who has taken advantage of his celebrity status and has never had to answer for any credible allegations of sexual assault.
– Women are a more reliable voting block than men. They believe voting should decide the election, rather than interference of any kind.
– Donald Trump is a racist. The Suburbs has become code for “white” in Trump-speak. The Suburban towns do not reflect the racial divisions in Trump’s polluted cesspool of thought. The women he begged for support are far more scared of the prevalence of white nationalism than Trump fabricated race war.
If Trump plans to win, it is unlikely he can rely on the women’s vote. His injuries are self-inflicted and cannot be corrected.
Virginia is a university & law school graduate, mom, entrepreneur and angry Democrat, hoping for change.