When you’ve lost Ann Coulter…

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

MAGA is not a political party. MAGA is a dark, angry energy swirling around, waiting to infect people with its rage and negativity. And MAGA is angry. That is no big surprise. They always seem to be angry at something, don’t they? They always seem to be hiding in the darkness, waiting to lash out at any perceived slight.

But what of this? The following is a comment taken from Twitter. It concerns the ending of the war in Afghanistan and President Biden’s speech: “It was a magnificent speech for anyone not blinded by partisan politics or obsessed with sending Americans to die in forever wars all over the world.”

What lovely words. And I agree! But whom was it who wrote these words? Could it have been a Democratic Senator? How about a Congressperson? Nope.

You see, those words came from the Twitter account of one Ann Coulter. I am sure I don’t need to go into detail about Coulter. Most know who she is. Coulter is one of those angry MAGA people. She’s been around forever, laughing, mocking, and “owning” the Libs — or so she thinks.

What is up then with that statement? In no way would I EVER advocate for Coulter. But this is important. Coulter did something virtually unheard of in Republican circles. She didn’t play politics. She told it like it was.

MAGA did not even seem enraged. Most seemed not to know what to make of her statement. Some tried arguing with it. Some even — gasp — AGREED!

It got me thinking. What if certain members of the GOP had come out with the same or a similar statement? What if the higher-ups in the GOP had come out in support of masks and COVID vaccinations?

If they had done this in a non-confrontational way — perhaps things would be different right now. Perhaps the divisiveness would not be as deep as it is. We will never know, of course, because this will likely never happen. But it is worth mulling over.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here