What’s going on over at CNN?

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

What on earth is happening to the media? We are all very happy that Larry Elder was defeated, and California remains strong with a great Governor taking care of her. At least most of us are happy. I have to say that I was very disappointed in the coverage from CNN.

Now, I am taking nothing away from the good journalists at CNN. And, there are some really talented people there. I am a huge fan of Don Lemon. That does not change the fact that there is something deeply wrong with this network.

Last night, the coverage of the recall race made me feel like showering. That’s the best description I can think of. I don’t know how many times the fact that Newsom dined at the French Laundry came up. I don’t think anybody in their right mind could possibly believe that the fact that Newsom went out for dinner once is the reason he was recalled.

But it wasn’t just that particular incident. I feel like CNN was almost disappointed when Newsom won so easily.

Kassie Hunt, who bounced over to CNN from MSNBC posted her theory of the recall
and her theory apparently blames Democrats for being too elitist. I absolutely hate that word. I suppose elite means rich and educated, not that I think being rich and educated are bad things. But I do not know how that label attached itself to Democrats when there are plenty of rich and educated Republicans in every corner of the country.

And then there is Jake Tapper whose negativity I couldn’t handle. I was forced to flip the station to MSNBC and watch their coverage. Not that MSNBC is angelic in all this. Let us not forget Chuck Todd.

I would suggest that when networks go on these negative and false rampages, that we quietly turn the station. We have to let them know, that for whatever reason they’re choosing to become negative Nellies, we’re not going to watch them when they do this.

Constructive criticism of any party is fine. But false attacks are not. I am hoping these networks, particularly CNN, see the light, and go back to their old type of coverage soon.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here