Tough lesson for Josh Hawley

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

Josh Hawley is a fool. And his fist pump to the insurrectionists was a disgrace to our country. I’d like to speak about Mr. Hawley, but before I do, there is a story that needs to be told.

This story dates back centuries. It is the story of Arachne and Athena.

Athena, in Mythology, was the Goddess of crafts and wisdom and knowledge. She was revered and respected as one of the most powerful of the Gods.

Arachne was a beautiful young woman with a talent for weaving. Many people loved her works. But the attention went to Arachne’s head, and she began to think she was perfect, even boasting that her weaving was better than that of the Goddess Athena herself.

This angered the Goddess, who challenged Arachne to a weaving competition. Of course, the Goddess won. Arachne, shamed and desolate, was turned into a spider by Athena.

This story reminds me of the former guy and many current Republicans, including Hawley.

Hawley recently tweeted this: “It’s time to give every cop in America a pay raise.”

It’s difficult to understand the arrogance of this man who seemingly praises the police while doing everything he can to justify his actions that terrible day in January.

It is because all of them are following the lead of the former guy. They have decided arrogance is the way to go.

When Trump ran for President, one of the most significant warning signs was when asked what he was wrong about. He responded that he was never wrong.

The story of Arachne is a cautionary tale. It is about arrogance and ego. So is the story of the GOP. The GOP will not be turned into spiders, but if they keep going like this, their idiocy and inability to show humility will at some point be their undoing. And like Arachne, they will have nobody to blame but their own egos.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now