Tom Cotton just found a whole new way to humiliate himself

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

There are in life many different types of individuals. And there are also many personality traits. We tend to pick people as friends based on specific aspects of their personalities. Maybe you are drawn to people who are kind and soft-spoken.

Or perhaps you look for people who are fiery and outspoken. No matter what type of person you do look for, I think we can all agree that one thing we do not seek out is people who have the (non) gift of condescension Individuals who show themselves to be condescending and supercilious can be a huge turn-off. And these types should never hold elected office. Unfortunately, many do. And one of them is Senator Tom Cotton.

During a Senate hearing this week, we heard from Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin. Austin, of course, has made history as being our country’s first Black Defense Secretary.

Cotton, undoubtedly trying to “get in good” with MAGAs, who were sure to hear about the event, let his patronizing nature show. Mr. Cotton would not stop haranguing Austin about racism. At one point, he demanded to know whether Austin thought the Military was a Racist organization.

When Austin tried to give a nuanced answer, a condescending Cotton cut him off and demanded Austin answer “yes or no.” This is the type of story that people need to know about. It was excruciating to watch as a haughty and condescending Cotton repeatedly cut off a decent and courageous man who was just trying to answer the questions given to him.

I suspect this story would have received more attention were it not for the bombshell news of what Trump and Barr did. Nonetheless, this exchange shows Cotton for what he is-a a condescending bully. I do not doubt if he ever dares to run for President, this exchange will come back to haunt him.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here