This is just ugly for Mike Pompeo

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

When I was a teenager, I knew someone who suffered from a personality trait called hypocrisy. This person was, on the outside, pretty charming. Many flocked toward this person.

They had many friends. And why wouldn’t they, for they were warm and charismatic? So many people wanted to be near this person. But alas, this person had a flaw. And that flaw was that they were full of shit.

“You are so smart,” this person would say effusively to another person — we’ll call him Ryan. “You are the smartest person in high school.”

Then to someone else: “Ryan is so dumb.” “He’s the dumbest person in High school.”

You get the picture. These people — these hypocrites are smarmy as anything and are people to be avoided. In politics, we have a seemingly never-ending parade of them. On those rare occasions, though, one of them might get called out.

This is what happened to Mike Pompeo. Mr. Pompeo’s smugness and hypocrisy were never in doubt, and he was among the worst of the worst in the former guy’s cabinet.

But he was cornered like a wild rabbit when interviewed the other day by Chris Wallace.
Of course, Pompeo thought he’d be in his element as he blamed President Biden for a war that first started twenty years ago under former President Bush.

Wallace, whom I’ve been critical of, was savage in his cross-examination of Pompeo.

“Do you regret giving the Taliban that legitimacy? Do you regret pressing the Afghan government to release 5,000 prisoners, which they did, some of whom are now on the battlefield fighting with the Taliban?”

Pompeo tried to answer solemnly, insisting that the former administration had never trusted the Taliban. Right. At least they were never hosted at Camp David as the former guy wanted. Hypocrisy is thy name Pompeo, and it was nice to see some pushback to a known hypocrite.

And a warning, my friends. We are about to see hypocrisy rear its ugly head in a significant way in the upcoming days because we have a cult who is out of power and who will use ANYTHING to try to besmirch our party in the hopes of getting back INTO power. . Buckle up. It’s going to get nasty.

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here