This is just embarrassing for Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now

CovidKim, who is probably the 47th or 48th best Governor in the country ahead of the likes of DeSantis or Abbott, decided to send about 25 to 30 members of the Iowa State Patrol to the Texas/Mexico border to “help” with the situation there. Of course, this is not actually about solving the problems at the border but to inflame tensions and throw red meat to her base.

I call bullshit on her claims that sending the ISP to the border will help reduce crime here in Iowa. If anything, my read of the statistics shows that most of the crime here is of the home-grown sort and not being imported from other countries, and that the crime rates are still lower here than in other states. In other words, it won’t impact crime here in Iowa.

History bears out that CovidKim and her GQP allies only care when minorities commit crimes. When Mollie Tibbets was murdered by an undocumented Mexican immigrant in July 2018 CovidKim, the Orange Freaking Menace (OFM), and every other GQP blowhard were using that tragic death to inflame tensions and stir up their racist base. When Celia Barquin Arozamena of Spain was murdered by a white Iowan at an Ames golf course a short time later it barely registered a peep from CovidKim and the rest of the Iowa GQP. OFM sure as hell didn’t say anything about it.

What I fear is that while ISP members are down in Texas being props for CovidKim Iowa will face another disaster like the Derecho that hit last year, and instead of being here in Iowa to help their fellow citizens they’ll be sitting down in Texas sitting on their thumbs while CovidKim and Iowa’s Branch Trumpvidian government spins uselessly trying to figure out how to make up the shortfall.

Attention Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here
-----
Note from Bill Palmer: if each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now