This is deranged even for Laura Ingraham

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here

Laura Ingraham has found a unique way to cut down on the nation’s unemployment level — just starve people. I must admit that with Ingraham, she does have the ability to surprise. Every time I think she cannot go lower — she does.

So during an interview this week, the subject of unemployment benefits came up.

“What if we just cut off the unemployment” she suggested cheerfully. “Hunger is a pretty powerful thing.”

“I’m talking about people who can work and refuse to work,” the monster went on. This is a subject that makes me very angry. Let’s break it down.

This country is in trouble. The middle class has been in danger for years. Cities like Seattle and New York City are becoming unlivable due to soaring rents. America’s homeless population is skyrocketing. Many people have to work multiple jobs just to pay the bills. And still, they struggle.

Many years ago, when I lived in the Dallas, Texas, area, one could find a small apartment for seven or eight hundred dollars a month. Now that is impossible. Most rents are over a thousand. And wages have not gone up. In fact, for many people, they have gone DOWN.

Ingraham would not know about any of this and likely would not care if she did. She has no idea about the casual American. Nor does she care about financial struggles, homelessness, or anything having to do with the daily lives of American people — unless it has to do with turning on her show.

The raising of the minimum wage, which President Biden supports, will help, but quite frankly, even 15 dollars an hour is not livable for many in major metropolitan areas. But it’s a start. As for Ingraham — a woman whose own brother refers to her as a “monster” — let her spout off like the uncaring child she is. I really don’t care, do you?

Trump is on trial! If each of you reading this can kick in $10 or $25, it'll help keep Palmer Report firing on all cylinders at this crucial time in our nation's history: Donate now
-----
Palmer Report readers: sign up for our free mailing list here